Dear Praying Friends and Family:
The five years God gave us in Venezuela were a blessing. We thank God for the souls He gave us and for the wonderful church plant in Francisca Duarte. It was difficult for us to leave Venezuela, our friends and spiritual children, but God firmly closed that door and we submit ourselves to His will.
It has been exciting to see the ministry opportunities here in Lima. Eight million people are packed into the tiny strip of land between the Pacific Ocean and the Andes Mountains. As we have visited different areas of the city this last month, we have been looking for three things:
1. A strong, sponsoring, national church
2. A trained Peruvian co-worker who has proven himself in his own church and has the desire to pastor a new church plant and
3. A community in which to plant a church. Nikki and I have been burdened for one community in particular to the south of the city. If we do take on this work, we would be starting out with a couple of mature believers to build around. There is also a building where we can meet until we find a permanent building for the church.
We are still searching for a sponsoring church and a Peruvian co-worker. Please pray for us as we seek God’s will concerning whether or not to commit to this work. Whether we work in this part of the city or God directs us somewhere else, we are going to have a few needs:
1. Church Building Project: The church we built in Venezuela cost us about $12,000 for property and supplies for the building project. In Peru it will cost $20,000 to $25,000 just for the land. Our churches helped us with the Venezeulan building project just two – three years ago and now we need to ask for a much larger figure.
2. A Vehicle: We are still in hopes to get money for the vehicle we left behind in Venezuela, but even if we do, what we receive will not finance a new car in Peru. Currently, we are spending between $300-$500 a month in transportation (taxis).
We look forward to see what God will do through us here in Peru. Thank you for upholding us in your prayers and supporting God’s work through us here in Peru!
With love, prayers and blessings,
Carl, Nikki, Ashilynn, Catelynn, and Josiah Hodsdon