Dear Friends, Family & Supporters:
Pat and I wish to express our sincere thanks for your encouragement in this year of serving our Lord here in Ghana. God has given us good physical health and strength, and we are blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus. The following is a list of ministries we are presently involved in:
1. Our primary ministry is to participate in the planting of a new church in the village of Nsuta. People are being saved weekly, worship services are being conducted weekly, new believers are being baptized, land has been secured and is in the process of being legally and customarily transferred to the church, children’s ministries are being conducted concurrent to the worship services and the future looks bright for Calvary Baptist Church of Nsuta.
2. Pat assists Michelle Volante daily in the teaching of our four grandchildren.
3. Each Friday afternoon we accompany Pastor Daniel to the village of Adutwe where Pat teaches Bible Club and I go soul winning with Pastor Daniel in the village.
4. Each Wednesday morning, I travel to New Krobo to teach the Hope Senior Secondary School students the “Next Steps” discipleship material.
5. Weekly, I meet with John Yaboa, a Christian man in Nsuta, to disciple him to Jesus and help him prepare his life for Christian ministry. It is my hope that John will attend Bible School. John speaks three languages fluently (English, French & Twi) and is a very good reader.
6. Visitation is a very fruitful ministry here in Ghana, so I attend all scheduled visitation times and many unscheduled ones. Because I do not speak the Twi language, I need a translator to accompany me.
7. There is a great compassion ministry needed here in Ghana. Needy widows, children, elderly, sick and troubled people of all sorts are before our eyes daily. Jesus never turned away his face from the needy and neither should we. So we try to be sensitive to the real needs of people and minister to them as we are burdened by a Christ like passion to help.
8. Both Pat and I teach in the Bible Schools. It is a privilege to build called people for the work of the ministry of Jesus Christ.
9. We endeavor to contribute wherever possible to the support of good national missionaries and Christian servants.
10. And then there is the miscellaneous category; that is whatever our Lord Jesus presents to us and says, “Help in this.”
Pat and I would like to express our personal appreciation to our son, Stephen, and his precious wife, Michelle, for providing secure housing, safe food, a car to use and a loving and congenial place for us to live while here in Ghana. Of course, we are ever thankful for the hours of fun and fellowship we have with our grandchildren.
We are appreciative of our fellow Ghanian Christian servants, who are ever kind, encouraging, and powerful in the ministry of Jesus Christ. It is a special privilege for us to serve with you all.
May our God bless you and keep you and let His light shine upon you.
Sincerely in Christ,
Pastor John & Pat Volante