Dear Partners In Ministry,
Today is a very beautiful day, the weather is so nice that I would like it all year round. We give praise to the Lord for all His bountiful blessings upon our lives, especially for good health and the privilege to be His servants.
These few weeks have been a blessed time for us here at Crossroads Baptist Church. Our attendance has improved greatly and members are becoming more committed to the things of God. We realized that our Soul-Winning program that was on Saturday had a few challenges so, we decided to change the day to Friday evenings and we have seen tremendous response. Over the last four weeks we have seen 15 people come to know Christ and Savior and Lord!
I led a group of young people numbering 20 from our church to New Life Baptist Churches in Apam and Munford for a baptismal service and soccer match. We held a baptism service on the beach and baptized 12 persons to the glory of God. We give praise to the Lord for the three people that were baptized from our Church. Amongst those baptized was Josiah, Jr., our son. Unfortunately, with soccer we were shamefully beaten by 3-0. But we had a wonderful time of fellowship to the glory of God. We thank God for the wonderful team-work amongst us as Pastors.
Our Discipleship Program is also going well. I now have two people who have been discipled. Thank God for the opportunity of leading souls to Him and the joy of seeing them mature in Him.
Our new church-plant at Baikuso is facing some great challenges, and we really need your prayers. The last two Sundays, I spoke at the New Life Baptist Church at Kasoa, this church was planted when I was the Pastor of New Life Baptist Church in Apam. Since their Pastor died a few years ago, they have undergone great challenges with Pastors who came later. At the moment, they do not have a Pastor, we (my Dad, Rev. John Kennedy, who is pasturing the church in Apam, Pastor Isaac Otwey of the church in Mumford, myself and one of the Bible School students) take turns to speak there. We need you prayers for them too.
The New Life Baptist Bible Institute is growing from strength to strength. Already we have four students who should be in their fourth year by next academic year. Two ladies are in their final three years and should be graduating soon. To God be the Glory! It is our prayer that we will enroll more students in the next academic year and be able to assist them too.
Praises! Praises! I thank God for the health of my parents, especially my Dad. In my last prayer update, I mentioned that he was not well and was going through some health problems. He is now well and is very active in ministry like before. Please continue to pray for strength for him.
* Please pray for our full monthly support of $800. It has been a struggle to raise that amount.
* Continue to pray with my family as we need to raise $5,000 to re-rent our house for the next two years ($209 per month).
* Our family vehicle of 19 years continues to give us problems. We are praying for funds to purchase a more reliable one.
* Again, pray for funds for our church to purchase land in the City of Accra for church building.
* Please pray for me as I represent the Association of Fundamental Baptist Churches in Ghana at the annual GARBC conference 25-29 in Pennsylvania, USA. As the Vice-President of the Association, I will be representing more than 100 Baptist churches in Ghana. I am hoping to visit a few friends and churches after the conference.
Thank you so very much for all your prayers and financial support, and for your love toward us in the field here. God bless you all.
For His Sake,
Josiah & Mary Abedu-Kennedy
Crossroads Baptist Church