Dear Friends of Zion:
Thank you for your prayers and offerings for another month. We always try to base our prayer letters on events that occurred from the first to the last day of the previous month, but this letter is exceptional!
On June 1 we celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary. It fell on the first day of a three-day Family Conference at our first church, Templo Batista de Indianópolis (TBI), in which our son-in-law, Rom Ribeiro, was the main speaker. All four of our children participated: Ruth and Thomas, Jr., who are in the States, by way of recorded messages, and Rachel and Harold Ralph in person, summarizing their lives growing up as the children of Tom and Linda Gilmer. We requested that, in lieu of personal gifts, an offering be made to TBI’s Evangelism Fund and that an invitation be given for any unsaved person to trust Christ. The Lord touched hearts. A sense of holy rededication came over the congregation, giving glory to God for the possibility of having a lasting, committed Christian life and home.
All other news is summarized in the most important part of our prayer letter: the PRAISE and PRAYER columns. May the Lord continue to richly bless you. Thank you for YOUR participation in our lives!
Yours for the Messiah,
Tom and Linda Gilmer
1. Professions of faith: 18.
2. Printing of another 155,000 Evangelism Bibles.
3. Request re. Mozambique answered.
4. Progress in preparing for Guacuri church.
5. Physical therapy underway, covered by Brazilian insurance.
1. Salvation of Jews and Gentiles.
2. Bible study helps—two sets of notes Tom is editing for study Bibles.
3. Healing for Tom’s left wrist.
4. Paraisópolis church still lacks $1,376 for expansion.
5. Preparations to begin Guacuri church.
6. Lílian’s father, recuperation from heart surgery