Dear Family, Friends and Supporters:
Just writing to inform you all that we have finished our first month in Ghana and all is going well. Since arriving, our health has been very good with no incidents of sickness. We have had a sweet reunion with our family, friends and fellow servants here. As to the work of the Gospel, we have been engaged in the following ways:
- We have both been involved in Visitation and Soul Winning several days each week.
- I have been preaching in the various churches in and around Techiman.
- Pat has taken responsibility for Jr. Church Ministry in Techiman.
- I have taught one course in Basic Greek, and will be teaching a course in Biblical Apologetics at the Seminary.
- I am looking forward to teaching a more advanced Greek class soon.
- We are endeavoring to encourage each servant of the Lord here.
- We are providing help for those who find themselves in difficult circumstances financially.
The work here is going strong with many victories for the Gospel; however, we have a powerful adversary, so hold all of us up in prayer. The Ghanaian national pastors are a blessing to work with, and are effective in their work as pastors and evangelists. My son, Stephen, and his precious wife, Michelle and the grandkids have opened their hearts and their home to us and we are very happy and blessed here with them. Our fellow American missionaries have given us a warm welcome and are very helpful and encouraging.
A big THANK YOU to those who have helped us financially and to those who remember us in prayer. We miss you all. Love ya Colleen, Judy, Tim and Lance. See you all in a couple of months, Lord willing.
Sincerely in Christ,
Pastor and Mrs. John Volante