June 19-30, 2023
Total Cost is $1,500 for DFW locals.
All others should expect an increased price depending on air fares.
Join us for MIT!
Please click the following links to register for MIT. If you would like to learn more about the program, there will be more information below.
Mount Abarim’s Missionary in Training program (MIT) is an exciting opportunity for teens to learn about and experience practical multi-cultural ministry. Teens will learn how to engage with various cultural groups, and share the Gospel during their first week at Southland Christian Camp. In New York City, teens will gain experience serving in various ministries, meet people from different cultural backgrounds, and try some of the best foods from around the world!
Southland Christian Camp
- Learn about multicultural ministry
- Hear preaching from key speakers
- Enjoy camp activities at Southland
- Build relationships
New York City
- Serve in various multicultural ministries
- Try great food from around the world
- See the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Times Square, and other iconic NYC sights
FAQ’s about MIT
How do I apply for MIT?
To process the MIT application, our MIT Coordinator must receive the following:
- $100 Deposit
- Completed Application (New Applicant Form or Returning Applicant Form)
- Completed Parent/Guardian Form
- Completed MIT Camp Application (Please only use the application provided by Mount Abarim)
- Completed Transportation Consent Forms
- (3) Completed Recommendation Forms
NOTE: MIT Applicants must be 15 to 19 years old.
What ministry opportunities are available for MIT’ers?
- Scripture and Tract Distribution
- Personal Evangelism
- Community Bible Clubs
- Cross-cultural Ministry
- Daily Prayer Meetings
- Local Church Ministry
- Learn from Pastors and Missionaries
- Subway and Street Evangelism
What Items should I bring?
Because traveling space is limited, campers will be not be able to bring more than one suitcase and a cary-on bag. Campers will be able to wash clothes, and may switch suitcases on the day they fly to NYC. Please bring a valid form of ID, comfortable shoes, casual clothes, dressy clothes, toiletries, Bible, notebook, a towel/bedding for camp, and some spending money. Please note that some items are restricted for air travel (Batteries, explosives, aerosols, sharp objects, etc.), and MIT’ers should keep a valid form of ID with them while traveling. For a more detailed list of what items are restricted/allowed, please see Mount Abarim’s Camp Application form.