Josiah and Mary Kennedy: Annual Report for 2021 (January 2022)
Josiah and Mary Kenney – Missionary and Church Planter in Ghana
Dear Ministry Partners,
2021 began with many COVID-19 restrictions and regulations for our city particularly because it is the most populated in Ghana. But even in the year of many restrictions, the God showed Himself so strong, the gospel triumph even more. We continue to praise the Lord for His continuous protection and guidance through this pandemic period.
By His grace, our church was able to put up a structure for our place of worship. It feels so good to have our own place of worship since we had to relocate from the school stature where we were renting yearly. The challenges were great, but He has been with us every step of the way. We thank all our supporting ministry partners who assisted in putting up our place of worship.
Over the past year, we have seen many souls saved through evangelism and visitation. We distributed over 1,000 Gospel tracks. Many of those saved have visited our church. Some have been baptized. At the moment, we are working on our discipleship program. The Lord is working mightily in this.
1. Pray for us as we seek wisdom to organize our children’s Bible Club program during COVID-19.
2. Prayer with us as we seek to reach out the gospel to a nursing college through weekly devotions.
3. We are planning to reach out the next town with the gospel and plant a church there as well.
4. My family is planning to move to our uncompleted house in Dodowa (The area where the church is) by the end of this year, we are prayerfully raising $16,000 to put in all windows, ceiling of the house and tiles. This is our family immediate prayer need.
5. Our new location is dominated by Muslim schools. As a church one of our immediate prayer is to put up a Christian Elementary School. We are raising $25,000 to build the first four classrooms.