Dr. Thomas and Mrs. Linda Gilmer
Church Planter, Bible Translation in São Paulo, Brazil
Dear Friends of Zion:
Your prayers and offerings, with God’s blessings, brought us through another eventful month!
MIRACLE: Since our last prayer letter, one of the firms—of many that have approached Templo Batista de Indianópolis (TBI) and AIMI (our Jewish Ministries office)—made an offer that would solve our problems with government requirements and give us added space. Just six blocks from our present location, the firm located a property large enough to build a ground-floor auditorium with a balcony that can be closed off if necessary, a second floor with six classrooms; a third floor for a fellowship hall or more classrooms, two elevators, a rooftop multi-use area, plus an underground garage for 36 cars. The building will be pre-approved to add two more floors and for use as a church and school. When the firm saw that the church was proceeding to adapt our present buildings to meet the city’s requirements, little by little as possible, they sought the church with a proposal that would meet all the church’s need and the government’s requirements. After a week of prayer, seeking God’s face and wisdom in the matter, and a meeting with the engineer of the project, lawyer, and team, TBI and AIMI accepted the proposal unanimously as being from the Lord. TBI is beginning an all-out evangelism and growth campaign now, getting ready for a new building. There will be many challenges along the way. Pray for us!
A young nurse who dedicated her life to Jewish ministry several years ago as a result of our Honor Israel event has now graduated from seminary and is raising her support to go Israel with a local Regular Baptist mission board.
The short furlough mentioned in our January letter will become a reality, God willing. We were finally able to buy airline tickets. Some meetings have been scheduled from June through December.
May God richly bless you all.
Yours for the Messiah,
Tom and Linda Gilmer
P.S. Please notify us if you gave an offering specifically to the elevator project in December but have not received a letter or email from us giving the option to return your offering or to use it for another need (such as a sound system or piano).
- Professions of faith: 11.
- More apps for Bible, both IOS and Android, now available.
- Alphabetizing program based on Bible we print.
- TBI voted to relocate to a new building nearby.
- Missionary nurse preparing to go to Israel.
- A contributor is praying to have funds to take on support for Harold Ralph.
- Salvation decisions: Jews and Gentiles.
- Ongoing projects (Bible study helps, media outlets, warehouse for Bibles, exportation of Bibles to Portuguese speaking people around the world).
- Two new directors and/or volunteer professional technicians for Bible printing ministry.
- East Timor Tetum Bible translation project.
- Full support for Harold Ralph Gilmer.