Tom and Linda Gilmer : March/April 2022 Prayer Letter
Dr. Thomas and Mrs. Linda Gilmer – Church Planter, Bible Translation in São Paulo, Brazil
Dear Friends of Zion:
Linda and I thank you for your continued support in prayers and offerings for the last two months, even though we did not send out a prayer letter last month. We are still trying to catch up on the days we lost because of covid. Thank the Lord there are no aftereffects.
A person recently mentioned the broken rods in my back. I need to correct misinformation in our March 2021 prayer letter. Four titanium rods, not two, support my spine. No rod was broken (titanium can’t break). Another doctor’s explanation is that another bone actually broke in my spine, thus affecting the fusion of the two descending rods and the two ascending rods. The technical name of the problem is ’listhesis.” Thank the Lord the problem is controlled by using an orthopedic back brace as needed. Avoiding twisting movements and lifting heavy items is essential. When I feel a problem, sitting in my recliner a few moments gives relief and helps muscles go back into place. I am able to work normally.
An important and time-consuming part of my ministry is helping Brazilian missionaries get on their feet. I can do no less for our granddaughter, Roxanne Ribeiro, a fourth-generation missionary. She is in the USA raising support to return to Brazil through Baptist International Missions (BIMI). Your church would be blessed by her singing, video presentation, and personal testimony.
My greatest joy is in personal evangelism. But in the words of the Apostle Paul, an even greater “hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing,” (1 Thessalonians 2:19) is in the soul-winning experiences of those we have trained. Pastor Marcos Pereira, from our church in Cajuru, received a call to visit Giovani, the 24-year-old brother-in-law of a woman he recently won to the Lord. Praise God, Giovani accepted Christ and himself became a shining witness in the hospital the last 20 days of his life. Praising God for His blessings!
Yours for the Messiah,
Tom and Linda Gilmer
- Professions of faith: 6.
- Cost of Bibles sent to Portugal has been paid in full as a result of many small offerings.
- Some new supporters for Harold Ralph, our son, and Roxanne, our granddaughter.
- New colporteurs (Bible and tract distributors).
- Salvation decisions: Jews and Gentiles.
- Ongoing projects (Bible study helps, both media and printed; larger warehouse for Bibles).
- Full support for Harold Ralph (lacks 22%).
- At least $10,000 to help pastors with limited finances take wives and promising young people to an Evangelistic Bible Conference scheduled for July in Recife.
- Linda’s health, probable cataract and knee replacement surgeries soon