Dr. Thomas and Mrs. Linda Gilmer
Church Planter, Bible Translation in São Paulo, Brazil
Dear Friends of Zion:
Thank you for your sustaining prayers and offerings and continuing faithfulness during this pandemic. We rejoice that the online attendance of our Friday night Friends of Zion meetings reached over 180 recently, with views from distant locations in Brazil and as far away as Israel and other countries, possibly opening doors to establish Friends of Zion groups in other places.
What a joy it was to help a Jewish friend with no relatives in Brazil celebrate his 100th birthday on May 18. In spite of the lockdown, I was able to go legally with Pastor Alexandre to his apartment. His two sons, who live in the USA, were unable to come to Brazil because of the Covid-19 Pandemic. Sadly, on May 31, the centenarian departed this life shortly before midnight. He professed faith in Christ years ago at one of our evangelistic businessmen’s breakfasts. In the 1990´s, this man was counsellor to the President of Romania. Word of Life was trying unsuccessfully to establish their ministry there. We requested that our friend intervene. He did—with success, and that work continues to this day, praise the Lord.
If you have not already done so, please check the QR or link on the prayer letter from our son Harold Ralph to open his MINISTRY OVERVIEW and power point presentation. We pray that churches that support us, but not Harold Ralph, will be moved to take him on as a missionary. We trust that all who receive this letter will share it with one or more churches that might desire to participate in his ministry, and even send their information to Harold Ralph so he might contact them.
Our projected short furlough to the USA as of June of this year had to be canceled–until next year, God willing.
May God richly bless you all.
Yours for the Messiah,
Tom and Linda Gilmer
- Professions of faith: 2.
- Number of attendees online still increasing.
- See details in Harold Ralph’s letter of 7.9 million consultations last year and 3.l million regular users of a Bible App from one of our key Bible App partners; a direct answer to prayer request # 2, “Ongoing projects (. . .media outlets. . .).”
- Two new directors provided for our Bible printing ministry, which we prayed for so long.
- Salvation decisions: Jews and Gentiles.
- Ongoing projects (Bible study helps, media outlets, warehouse for Bibles, exportation of Bibles to
Portuguese-speaking people around the world).
- East Timor Tetum Bible translation project.
- Full support for Harold Ralph Gilmer.
- More salvation decisions!